mardi 13 janvier 2009

The make-do pincushion from Houston


I bought this broken crystal object from the one dollar table at Linda Pounds on Westheimer's in Houston. She and her husband are open at the weekends, but check out first if they are still there if you want to take a look, the last time i visited was in 2005! I deeply regret a beautiful, wornout but soooooooooo rustic acorn and reel quilt, she asked only 45 dollars for it! Such a strong contradiction between the fine and carefully made hand appliqué and the machine quilting. All ended up in a thick comforter. AND, how to bring this back in my luggage? I should have send it back in a package, separated the three layers, whatever, i missed that quilt and will regret it for the rest of my life. This is a rather quiet day, dull weather, cutting out some baskets and sewing crumbs the Bonnie Hunter way, waiting for books i've ordered from Amazon. Happy quilting ladies!

Aucun commentaire: